David Douglas Arthur Academy Inclement Weather Information - PLAN AHEAD FOR SCHOOL CLOSURE/DELAYED OPENING
- The decision to keep school open, to close or to have a delayed opening is based on the ability to safely transport students to and from school.
- The David Douglas School District makes this decision for the entire district. This includes David Douglas Arthur Academy.
- The following situations could occur on a bad weather day:
- School is Closed - All students stay home.
- Late Opening - This allows families to safely transport students after the roads are cleared and the traffic is reduced.
- Early Dismissal - On very rare occasions, we will begin school and then an unexpected storm will cause us to send students home early. Please discuss with your child arrangements that will need to be made in the event that students are sent home early.
- In the event there is a school closure/delay, all major Portland radio and television stations announce school closures/delays beginning at 6:00 a.m.
- Listen for the announcement naming the David Douglas School District. We are NOT Portland Public Schools.
- If there is a one hour delayed opening, school will start one hour later than the usual time,
which will be 9:15 am. If there is a two hour delayed opening, school will start two hours later
than usual, which will be at 10:15 am.
- If there is a late opening, remember that all teachers and staff will not arrive at school until
later, so please do not bring your child to school early.
- In the case of a Wednesday weather issue, we may not be tied directly to the David Douglas
School District. As standard practice, the district opens late on Wednesdays. If they cancel
school, we follow them. If they are silent, we will open on time. If we need to open late, then we
will send an email by 7:00am and change the voice mail at the office.
DDAA School Principal